- Teaching at the undergraduate (B.Sc.) and graduate (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) levels.
- Independent research.
- Supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
- Participation in the University community.
- Services to the scientific community.
- Ph.D. in chemistry or related field.
- Enthusiasm and commitment towards undergraduate and graduate teaching with solid pedagogical skills.
- Capacity and motivation to develop strong interactions with the other professors of the Département de chimie and of the Faculté des sciences.
- Pursue outstanding and innovative world-class research having a major impact in her/his field.
- Be recognized internationally as a leader in her/his field.
- Have superior records of attracting and supervising highly qualified personnel (graduate students, postdoctoral fellows).
- Present an original, innovative, highly competitive, and world-class research program.
- Have demonstrated an ability to raise funds, public and / or private, to support research.
The Canada Research Chairs program promotes world-class research in Canadian universities (see http://www.chairs.gc.ca for more information). The application of the candidate for the Chair will be subject to peer review and allocation of the position remains conditional on final approval of the Chair by the secretariat of the CRC program. To be eligible at CRC Chair program Tier 1, the candidate must already hold a position of Associate Professor (or equivalent) or Full Professor (or equivalent) in another institution. Chair holders are also eligible for the Canada Foundation for Innovation program. French is the working language at the Université de Sherbrooke, and the successful candidate will be expected to teach in French. Tentative starting date : April 1
Applications ProcedureReview of applications will begin on July 1st, 2015, and the position will remain open until filled. Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, including a description of their teaching interests, a detailed research proposal, and arrange to have three letters of recommendation (citing this announcement, and addressing both research and teaching potential) sent directly to:
Faculté des sciences
Offer no. 02204
Université de Sherbrooke
2500, boul. de l’Université
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1K 2R1 CANADA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Université de Sherbrooke values diversity, equality and employment equity in its community, and welcomes applications from all qualified persons, in particular women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, native people and disabled persons. However, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. French is the common and teaching language at the Université de Sherbrooke. Applicants who have not fully mastered the French language will be considered provided they commit to enhancing their knowledge of French in their first year on the job.